The best wedding anniversary getaway. Romantic places to go for weekend in Greece
Cotton, wooden, crystal, silver, gold — the names of important stages in the life of every family, from the most difficult first year of life together «ad astra», to the strongest bonds of love that bind a man and a woman who lived 30 or 50 years together. As we mark every anniversary of our union, we renew wedding vows and repeat the words of love and tenderness over and over again, remembering the most important day of our lives.
Romantic anniversary getaways abroad
This is a time of pleasant surprises and fabulous gifts, so it is important to decide where to celebrate 5, 10, 20 or 25 years of life together. Plan your romantic anniversary trip to the fabulous and wonderful Greek island of Santorini. Unique landscapes of colorful beaches, amazing beauty sunsets, bright architecture of Greek villages, winding streets and small churches will allow you to plunge into the world of Greek identity and incredible beauty.
Wedding anniversary trips on Santorini
There are a lot of options for wedding anniversary on the island. You can spend an unforgettable romantic evening by candlelight, with live music in a restaurant against the backdrop of a magnificent sunset, ride on a picturesque yacht surrounded by close friends, or you can organize a magnificent celebration or renew wedding vows in one of the perfect wedding venues on the island.
If you want to give your soul mate an unforgettable pleasure and get in return more than just gratitude, then holding an anniversary on the island of Santorini is what you need.
Organizing a wedding anniversary abroad is actually easy. It is important to understand that the main expenses at this event are the purchase of tickets, the booking of the hotel and the venue for the celebration. The cost is no more than that of ordinary tourists. This is a budget version of the most romantic holiday.
You can also organize a luxurious ceremony with a large number of guests, a banquet, with the organization of photos and videos, entertainment program for guests, festive fireworks and other surprises. If you decide to hold an official wedding ceremony on the island, you need to prepare a package of documents:
- Copies of the bride and groom’s birth certificate, as well as their translation into Greek, certified by the notary and the Apostille stamp.
- Passports and photocopies of the first 4 pages (without translation).
- Copies of common-civilian passports (a page stating Marital Status without translation).
For church marriage you need
- The certificate of baptism (issued in the church where you were baptized) and its translation into Greek, certified by the Apostille stamp. If such a certificate is absent you should go to the church where you were baptized, and your godparents can become witnesses.
- A certificate that you both were not married in the church, with its translation into Greek.
- A copy of the marriage certificate, as well as its translation into Greek (certified by the notary and the Apostille stamp).